…Silence

This is a Found Poem I created from the book Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. 

I couldn’t begin to speculate… No.  Highly improbable.

Then… What?

Divided between confusion, I unzipped the compartment.

They weren’t inside.

I backed away from the door and swallowed. I knew Patch wanted to kill me.

He gave a hard smile, and rocked back on his heels. I hurled at him with all the force I had.

What’s the matter with you?” I screamed and kicked him hard in the stomach.

He growled before replying, “You’ve got one more minute. Then I take over.”

I didn’t know what he meant, and I didn’t want to find out. His hands slid up my neck, searing hot. Struggling not to cry, I swiped a tear that dare escape. Pressing his thumbs into my throat, he stopped whatever name I’d been about to call him from coming out. Shivers of panic shot through me.

He shook his head. “I wanted to kill you… I almost did, but I stopped. I made you think your cell was dead because I wanted to give you a ride home. Inside your house, I picked up a knife. I was going to kill you then, but you changed my mind.”

I sucked in a deep breath, my head spun faster and I could feel my pulse beating in my temples. I tilted my chin and narrowed my eyes.

“So this is how you’re going to do it? Suffocate me?”

He smirked, then…

I flattened my hand to the wall as the deeper I tried to inhale, the tighter my throat constricted.

“Get–away–from–me,” I gasped.

He didn’t.

“I–can’t–breathe!” Clawing at the wall with one hand, I clutched my throat with the other. Patch studied me silently for a long moment.

“You know I’m hiding things,” He said quietly. “Let’s keep that between you and me.”

Soft popping sounds echoed in my ears, and a blurry black framed my vision. It was like the air had disappeared. The world tilted, and Patch slipped sideways in my vision.

(Author’s Note: I may add that in the book Patch did not kill her but instead preceded to kiss the main character. Whoo! He also preceded to help her when she was having breathing problems. Yes, I created murder from a semi-romantic scene… And I’m proud of it xD )

Photo Creds: https://img.ifcdn.com/images/b1c3db94467de3e962201e82f589fbcba9cbe875c540dc1ee89cb3991c188b78_1.jpg

2 thoughts on “…Silence

1. Elissa,

I am very impressed by how you created a murder scene from a semi-romantic scene. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and love how descriptive you were able to make this. I personally do not have any grows for this piece. I can’t wait to see what else you com up with.

Never stop writing,
    Sydney

2. Your description in this piece is astounding i was able to create a perfect image in my head as I read through it. I really liked reading this piece because it had great sentences that would peak my interest in the piece and it was easy to read. No really big words to throw me off course and all the words went along with the style chosen. Great job!